10 Ways to Become Healthier as a Couple
Are you looking for ways to become healthier and to spend more quality time with your partner. Why not work together as a team to improve your health? Here are 10 ideas to help you and your partner become healthier together:
1. Start a detox program together. Many toxins produce hormone-like effects that alter our delicate hormone balance, making us vulnerable to mood swings, irritability, depression, or other health concerns. By detoxifying together you’ll have the support you need to stick to it.
3. Hit the sauna together to eliminate toxins while sweating. Many harmful toxins exit the body through our pores in sweat. Sauna-ing helps our bodies to eliminate them faster.
4. Prepare nutritious meals to support your health goals. By sharing the workload, you’ll find it easier to prepare healthy meals. And, you may even find you enjoy trying new cuisines. My husband and I frequently pick a cuisine: Greek, Indian, Italian, or other favorite and we each prepare one or two recipes. When we’re finished we have an incredible, healthy feast.
5. Instead of slouching on the couch after dinner, go for a brisk walk, cross-country ski, hike, or run together to oxygenate your blood. Exercising with a partner is more fun and helps you keep going.
6. Give each other a foot rub. Pressure points in our feet correspond to organs, glands, and tissues in the rest of our bodies. By activating these points in your partner’s feet, you’re helping to them with whole-body healing. Find a sore spot? Gently massage that point a bit longer.
7. Share a pot of herbal tea instead of soda or other less-than-healthy beverages. Choose acai berry for a healing antioxidant blast, ginseng for energy, peppermint for a refreshing boost, or licorice root to boost your immune system. Tea is so much nicer when it’s shared.
8. Regularly share words of support and encouragement. Making health changes can be challenging sometimes. Simply sharing words of praise and encouragement can make our days a little brighter.
9. Take a moment out of your hectic schedule to meditate together. Meditation is an opportunity to release tension, become more mindful of ourselves and the person we share life with.
10. Do stretching exercises together. A partner can help us get a bit deeper into that stretch. There are some excellent books and videos that can show you how to do couples’ yoga or other stretches together.
Michelle Schoffro Cook