10 Ways To Take Action Against Monsanto
Many of you commented on my blog, 8 Ways That Monsanto is Destroying Our Health, by asking the all-important question, “What can we do to stop, Monsanto?” It is an excellent question and your zeal to take action is admirable. There are a number of activist groups working to bring down the evil giant, but your help is needed for that to happen. One of the strongest environmental organizations taking on Monsanto is the Organic Consumers Organization with their Millions Against Monsanto campaign. Listed below are 10 actions, from their campaign, that you, along with millions of other consumers worldwide, can do to make a powerful impact.
1. Get to know where genetically modified products are sold and tell the store manager that you won’t buy them. For a list of non-GMO companies click HERE.
2. Your state and national representatives work for you, so make your voice heard. Petition the government to ban GMO’s and refuse to take Monsanto’s dirty money.
3. Education is a key factor. Send a letter to your local newspaper and tell them about the damage GMOs and RoundUp causes to the earth and human health. Send the same letter to companies that use GMO products.
4. Tell your family and friends about what Monsanto is doing and include information about how they can participate in the action campaign.
5. Let corporations such as, Kellogg’s and American Crystal, know you are aware of their GMO tainted products and will not buy them.
6. Contact companies such as Home Depot, that sell products that are harmful, such as RoundUp, and tell them to stop.
7. Support retailers that have voluntarily pledged compliance with the Truth in Labeling campaign by clearly identifying all food products containing GMOs with a label or shelf sign that says “May Contain GMOs” and by identifying all factory farmed animal products with a label or shelf sign that says “CAFO” concentrated animal feeding operations.
8. What are your children eating? Contact local schools to make sure they are not giving GMO laden foods and bovine growth hormones to children.
9. Support the Truth in Labeling Coalition’s Citizen Petition by writing FDA Commissioner Margaret A. Hamburg.
10. Take part by signing on-line petitions against Monsanto. Click Here.
Action does not end with a few good deeds. Consistent repetition of your actions, educating the community around you, and staying present and focused to Monsanto’s threat to our lives is what is called for. Together and united, with determination, persistence and courage we can succeed.