10 White Ideas for Your Home
White has ‘fresh’ associations. So, it makes you think clean sheets, new beginnings. Surprisngly, even though white is worn in mourning, it signifies a peaceful end and a journey toward a new beginning.
It’s synonymous with purity. That’s why, western brides, doctors and nuns wear it.
The canvas, the whiteboard, a blank paper…white, with its absence of colour, puts the mind at rest and extends an invitation to get creative!
Wonderful Ways with White
- When in doubt, choose white—for the walls, sofa set or bed linen. It provides the perfect template against which to play off your pops of colour and texture.
- If a room lacks natural light, paint the walls a bright white and watch it brighten up and look more spacious!
- If you have elderly guests or senior colleagues coming home, pretty up your place with a bunch of white flowers—they are serence and signify respect.
- White blossoms are also a way of saying a heartfelt ‘Sorry’…they are symbolic of peace and surrender.
- Lovely white candles on a wrought iron candelabra…always a heart-warming sight.
- Brilliant red and orange peppers, a bunch of lush berries, colorful salad, creamy herbed risotto or pasta—what better to present them than on pristine white plates and bowls?
- White on white can be wonderfully serene in the bedroom. Just accent it with pebbles, lavender sachets or candles, perhaps a bunch of blue posies…doesn’t just thinking about it make you feel relaxed?
- Three areas of your home where white works best: bathing, cleaning, food (both kitchen and dining). These are places where dirt and grime need to show up against the spotlessness of white.
- White goes with everything, and for a cool, timeless feel, all you have to do is combine it with blue.
- Some say white can be cold. Not if you choose the right white accents. Fluffy white pillows, a distressed white cabinet, a gorgeous white chandelier—so warm and welcoming!