With all the cleaning power packed into cola, it’s no wonder the toll it takes on our health and body. While that may be a problem for our waistlines, it’s definitely an asset for our homes. Click through to check out some clever ways to use cola.
Earlier: 12 Surprising Uses for Chalk
1. Clean Burnt Pots and Pans. Can’t stand the burn marks on your pots and pans? Let them soak in cola before washing.
2. Descale a Kettle. Soaking in cola will also help descaling kettles; as with burnt pots and pans, rinse and wash afterwards.
3. Clean Tile Grout. Let cola soak on the grout for a few minutes before wiping away.
4. Clean Windshield. Wipers can only go so far — wash your car’s windshield with cola to remove all the cruddy stuff that builds up.
5. Remove Stubborn Stains and Smells. Cola is super tough on grease, blood and markers. It also helps eliminate strong odors on your clothes. In addition to your regular detergent, pour a can of cola into your washing machine and launder.
6. Clean Toilets. Pour a can of cola in your toilet bowl and let it soak for about an hour before flushing. It works wonders!
Health & Body
7. Remove Gum from Hair. Dip the affected area into a small bowl of cola. Let it sit for a few minutes, and wipe it off with a towel. You may want to wash your hair after that!
8. Relieve a Jellyfish Sting. Oops — forgot to watch your step at the beach? Soothe that painful sting by pouring cola over it.
9. Get Rid of the Skunk Smell. Cola can also help alleviate the effects of another critter — the skunk. In your shower or tub, pour cola all over your body and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
10. Create Curls. Amazingly enough, pouring flat cola on your hair and letting it soak for a few minutes before shampooing will give you perfectly bouncy curls.
11. Fade Dyed Hair. A little trigger happy with that dye job? Diet cola will help fade your hair.