11 Tips: How to Get Beautiful Skin
By Debbie Mandel, Intent.com
We have many expressions for skin, our largest organ and according to Chinese herbal medicine our third lung. Many of us claim to have developed a thick skin when it concerns criticism. When we say that we try to get inside someone’s skin, we activate compassion. An artist might want his work of art to get under your skin, so that you continue to process it. The basic truth about achieving beautiful skin is to feel comfortable in your own skin.
All the beauty products out there ranging from natural (fruits and vegetables) to laboratory synthetics cannot make your skin glow if you are: Stressed, eating junk food, sleep-deprived and sedentary. Your skin tells your life story.
Skin care is inside out. It is crucial to reduce the inflammatory response. Simply put: Stress ages and depletes vitality. Instead of radiating happiness and positivism, you appear negative as you secrete toxins.
Know your skin type to maximize your self-care:
* Oily to normal – shiny skin especially on the forehead, nose and chin
* Oily – shiny all over most of the time
* Dry to normal – feels tight and gets dehydrated after a few hours
* Dry – especially around the cheek area and usually feels and looks dehydrated
Next: 11 tips for beautiful skin
The beauty treatment
* Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. The Mediterranean diet is great for skin. Salmon and foods rich in omega 3’s make a positive impact. When it concerns your skin, you are what you eat. Note: Sugar is inflammatory.
* Keep your skin clean and moisturize dry skin; dermatologists recommend moisturizing dry skin twice a day and overnight.
* For oily skin use toner or natural fruit acids.
* A little sun is healthy and mood-elevating. However, protect your face by wearing a sunscreen.
* Green tea is anti-inflammatory and in the lab has been shown to heal skin.
* Drink water to clean out toxins.
* Exercise to shed stress hormones and improve circulation.
* Get your beauty sleep; skin regenerates and hormones balance.
* Don’t smoke and stay away from second hand smoke and other obvious pollutants.
* Aim for good health. When you are healthy, you look more youthful and act that way. Illness weighs you down and saps your energy.
* Smile and you will look younger and prettier.
Don’t force your beauty. Enhance it. Avoid harsh chemicals and treatments. Avoid drastic changes and a lot of makeup. Simplify with a more natural approach. Express who you are — not some artificial ideal. Don’t mask the real you. Living the truth of who you are is gorgeous!