12 Vegan Party Food Recipes
Even if you’re not planning a totally vegan spread, having a few vegan options at your Christmas or New Year’s Eve party is nice for your vegetarian and vegan guests. These festive vegan party food recipes are guaranteed to please vegans and omnivores alike.
The recipes below are broken out into finger foods, dips and spreads, and desserts. Mix and match vegan party foods to create your ideal spread!
Finger foods are my favorite party food. At our holiday parties, I like to arrange a few trays of vegan finger foods that folks can grab and nosh on without having to stop socializing.
1. Asparagus Bruschetta – Who says that bruschetta has to be topped with tomatoes? Cadry’s Kitchen makes a lovely, fresh bruschetta starring asparagus instead.
2. Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – Cauliflower wings are nothing new in the world of vegan appetizers, but Dianne Wenz’s version uses chickpea flour for a crispier result that’s less doughy than white flour breading.
3. Herb and “Feta” Polenta Bites – Ricki Heller tops these individual herbed polenta squares with a sundried tomato tapenade. So elegant!
4. Cucumber Hummus Bites with Mint – Richa uses black salt to give the hummus in this recipe an eggy flavor. Think of it as a fresher, fancier deviled egg. Without the egg, of course.
Dips and Spreads
Serve these dips with pita triangles, toast points, fresh veggies, or chips for dipping. If you’re making more than one dip, it’s nice to have two or three options to dip.
5. Baked Italian Rice Balls – Meatballs, schmeatballs! Ceara’s risotto rice balls dipped in tahini marinara are the perfect replacement for this traditional holiday party fare.
6. Kale and Kalamata Tapenade – Because would it really be a vegan spread if you didn’t sneak in some kale? Pumpkin seeds are the secret ingredient in this lovely spread recipe from Meet the Shannons.
7. Seven Layer Dip – Minimalist Baker’s healthy spin on seven layer dip is decadently delicious with no animal products at all. Like my spinach artichoke dip, the cheese layer here gets its creaminess from raw cashews.
8. Spinach Artichoke Dip – This soy-free creamy dip is a healthier take on a recipe that my mom made for every party we ever threw. Instead of mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese, it’s packed with garlic cashew cream and mellow nutritional yeast.
Desserts speak for themselves, don’t they? Some of these are things folks can grab, and some might require light dishware to serve. Choose what works for your party!
9. Eggnog Latte Pudding – Serve Sophia’s holiday pudding in individual cups, so guests can easily grab one. You could even put them out in shot glasses—they’d look so pretty all lined up on the buffet table!
10. Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins - These oil-free, not-too-sweet gingerbread muffins are a nice contrast to some of the more cloying party food you see at holiday shindigs.
11. Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes – My no-bake vegan cheesecakes are easy to make and keep well in the fridge. You can make them the night before, so all that you have to do the day of your party is arrange them on a platter.
12. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti – Jenn’s nine ingredient biscotti uses whole wheat flour instead of white. If you’re planning to brew some coffee with your dessert spread, this festive dessert is a must-make!