13 Sex Secrets of Married Couples

Ever wonder how your sex life stacks up to that of other couples? Probably…but relentlessly quizzing friends, coworkers, and strangers on the subway can get a little awkward.

Good thing we have iVillage’s recently-released 2013 Married Sex Survey. Keep reading for some of the most intriguing findings from married men and women all over the country:

  • 80% of men and 61% of women say they’re happy with their sex lives.
  • Women think their husbands are less happy than they are—and for men, the opposite was true. Only 55% of women thought their husbands were happy with their sex lives, but 79% of men thought their wives were happy.
  • 68% of men say they married the best sex of their lives, compared to 45% of women who said the same.
  • What’s turning us on? For women, it’s feelings of love, followed by our partner taking initiative and our partner saying nice things.
  • For men, it’s seeing their partner in sexy clothes, followed by feelings of love, and seeing their partner without clothes. Easy enough.
  • Yaaaawwwwn. 54% of women and 68% of men said their sex life was predictable.
  • The most predictable aspect? For men, it was sexual position. For women? Location, location, location.
  • Blame the kids for the lack of spontaneous kitchen sex! 52% of women and 49% of men said they had hotter sex before having kids. Though about a third say there have been no changes post-kids…and 8% of women and 22% of men actually say sex has gotten better since they had kids. Way to go!
  • Ever sexted? You’re not alone—about a third of married people have texted or emailed sexy messages. Men are more likely to do both, as well as being more likely to leave a sexy voicemail or Facebook note. Just remember to send a message, not a wall post, guys!
  • What’s on your sex wish list? 42% of men surveyed want their partner to initiate more and 41% want oral sex more often.
  • Meanwhile, 35% of women are craving more foreplay, and 32% want their husbands to say more loving things.
  • If you could have a freebie—an extra-marital affair with no chance of getting caught—would you take it? 32% of men and 13% of women said they would. As for who their freebie would be with, an old boyfriend tops the list for women, while men say either a hot celeb (good luck) or a friend’s spouse.
  • Looks like the 50 Shades of Grey effect is real! A fifth of men and women surveyed have read the book, and 65% of ‘em say their sex life has changed as a result—with more foreplay, more sex, more sexy lingerie, more toys in the bedroom, and more discussion about fantasies and desires. We’ll be right back, heading to the library…

Related:
5 Ways to Boost Your Libido
3 Foods that May Be Ruining Your Sex Life
Can You Juice Your Way to a Better Sex Life?

Great Sex After 40

246 comments

Iskrica Knežzevic

Thank you!

Joe Le Gris
Joe Le Gris10 days ago

I think if a woman can clean and cook then sex is a bonus. I don't get any of those 3 though. I wonder why.......

Maxine Stopfer
Maxine Stopfer11 days ago

Live alone so not an issue I'm the least bit interested in.

sandra vito
sandra vito23 days ago

Thanks

Dave C.
Dave C.about a month ago

just wanted a new post for 20 pts

Beryl Ludwig
Beryl Ludwig1 months ago

thank you for sharing

S Gardner
sandy Gardner2 months ago

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Elena Poensgen
Elena Poensgen2 months ago

Thank you

Rachel L.
Rachel L.2 months ago

Only 32% of married men would take a freebie? Yeah right! The other 68% were probably afraid their wives would see their answers lol.

Margarita Petrova
Past Member 2 months ago

My husband and I have been married for about 7 yrs now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. Three days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity . If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. This is his E-mail: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com .