It’s spinach season! Click through to check out some fantastic ways to make this versatile green. Do you have your own favorite recipe? Tell us about it in the comments!
Earlier: 15 Ways to Use Artichokes
Feel free to adjust the seasoing to your own tastes — the amounts of garlic, chili paste and salt are more of a guideline than anything else. I, for instance, am not a big spicy food fan, and found that using about half of the chili paste is sufficient.
1. Chinese-Style Stir Fry Spinach
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili paste
- Coarse salt
- 10 Ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 Teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon sesame oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat wok. Pour in oil. Swirl oil to coat bottom and half of the sides of wok. After the oil is hot, stir in garlic, chili paste and salt. Stir garlic and let the flavors bloom, 30 seconds-1 minute.
2. Stir in spinach, and cook, stirring nonstop, until the leaves have just started to wilt, about 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and sesame oil. Remove from heat, sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe Credit: About.com