Yes, toothpaste is great for brushing teeth, cleaning tongues, and freshening breath.
But that’s just the beginning of all the great things you can do with cheap toothpaste that’s mildly abrasive. (Don’t use gel toothpaste.)
1. Clean carpet stains: Scrub stains with toothpaste and brush until they disappear. You might have to rinse and repeat several times.
2. Remove scratches from cell phone screens and watch crystals: Rub a dab of toothpaste gently on glass. Polish with a clean cloth.
3. Take off crayon on a painted wall: Gently rub crayon with toothpaste on damp cloth. Test it on a small, inconspicuous spot first.
4. Make floor scuffs disappear: Scrub those black, floor scuffs with toothpaste on a clean cloth.
5. Polish silver and brass: Squeeze toothpaste on a soft brush and rub on your silver and brass treasures. Rinse and polish with a soft cloth.
6. Turn tennis shoes white again: Rub toothpaste on dirty tennis shoes, then wipe clean.
7. Shine bathroom sinks: Rub around the sink to make it sparkle.
8. Soothe bug bites: Apply a dab of toothpaste on mosquito and ant bites; it will take away the itch.
9. Make diamonds sparkle: Brush your diamonds with toothpaste, but not too hard, or you can loosen the gems from their settings.
10. Remove food smells from hands: Wash your hands with toothpaste to remove onion, fish and garlic smells.
11. Polish fingernails: Put a dab of toothpaste on fingernails, and buff with a soft cloth.
12. Remove water rings on furniture: Lightly rub water rings with a dab of toothpaste on a soft cloth.
13. Defog headlights: If scratches on your car headlights are making them look foggy, cover with toothpaste and buff by hand or with a buffer.
14. Plug nail holes: It’s a cheap filler for nail holes in walls. Place a dab of paste in holes, let dry, lightly sand, then paint.
15. Clear blemishes: Dab a bit of menthol toothpaste on skin blemishes, let dry, then rinse off. It will draw out toxins and clear skin. Apply lotion after.