9. Artichoke and Mushroom Salad.
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 Large artichokes
- 3 Cups mixed greens
- 4 Large crimini mushrooms
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Ounces parmesan, shaved thinly
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Fill a medium bowl with water and lemon juice.
2. Prepare artichokes. Remove the stems, the top 1 inch, and about half of the artichoke’s leaves, until you reach the pale and tender inner leaves. Remove and discard the choke with a spoon and transfer the remaining artichoke to the lemon water.
3. Divide the greens between four salad plates. Drain the artichoke from the lemon water. Slice the artichoke and the mushrooms thinly with a mandoline or knife. Drizzle olive oil on top of artichokes and mushrooms, and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. Divide the slices between the four plates. Add some parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Credit: The Kitchn.
10. Eggplant and Artichoke Stew Alla Pantesca
11. Jerusalem Artichokes Greek Style
12. Creamy Sunchoke & Sweet Potato Soup
14. Fried Baby Artichokes
15. Artichoke ‘Kofta’ in a Creamy Tomato Makhani Sauce