9. Cantaloupe Crostini
How’s this for the perfect Labor Day appetizer?! Though the original recipe calls for herbed goat cheese, I decided to go with plain goat cheese and fresh tarragon. Fresh oregano would be great, too.
- 1/2 Large baguette, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2-3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup goat cheese
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon or oregano(optional)
- 1 Medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 Cups cubed cantaloupe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly brush sliced baguette with olive oil. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until slices are golden brown. Let toasts cool for a minute or two.
2. Spread each sliced with goat cheese. Sprinkle on fresh tarragon. Arrange 1 slice of cucumber and 1 cube of cantaloupe on each toast. Serve at once.
Recipe Adapted From: Epicurious.