12. Write down at least 10 things for which you are grateful. Increasing amounts of research show that gratitude builds better health and happiness.
13. Eliminate at least one item from your life that contains toxic chemicals (all commercially-available dryer sheets, almost every type of commercial laundry soap sold in grocery stores, dish soap, “air fresheners,” etc.) For essential items, choose a natural option instead. (See: 10 Cancer-Causers to Remove from Your Home)
14. Do something nice for someone. Years ago my husband and I were out in a restaurant in Pemberton, BC, Canada. When we asked for the bill we learned that it had been paid by a gentleman with whom we’d had a lovely conversation shortly after arriving. It not only made our day, we still think back with fondness about this kind man and how it gave us more faith in the goodness of people. You don’t even have to know the person for whom you do something nice.
15. Dry skin brush. Dry skin brushing in small circles with a natural bristled brush, working from your extremities toward your heart boosts your blood circulation and the movement of lymph through your body to help eliminate toxic waste buildup in your tissues while boosting your energy.
16. Soak in a warm bath with Epsom salts. The magnesium in Epsom salts absorbs through your skin and helps relax your muscles and reduce pain levels while contributing to your heart health.
What will you do today to upgrade your health?
Read more: Alternative Therapies, Depression, Diet & Nutrition, Eating for Health, Fitness, General Health, Health, Healthy Aging, Mental Wellness, Michelle Schoffro Cook, Natural Remedies, Nature & Wildlife, Outdoor Activities, Self-Help, Spirit, Stress, aches, affection, aromatherapy, bath, circulation, deep breathing, detox, detoxify, Dr. Cook, eat better, eliminate toxins, epsom salts, exercise, feel better, fruit, Gratitude, green juice, headaches, improve circulation, improve your health, juice, juicing, live better, lymphatic system, meditation, natural medicine, nature, pains, pay it forward, skin brush, walk, walking, water, World's Healthiest News
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.