5. Summer Squash Ribbons Salad.
- 1 1/2 Pounds various summer squash, ends trimmed, and cut lengthwise into strips.
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced shallot
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 Cup chiffonade of basil
- 1/4 Cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 Ounces crumbled goat cheese (optional)
1. In large bowl, toss to combine summer squash ribbons, shallot, olive oil and vinegar. Set aside and let stand for about 10 minutes to marinate.
2. Season salad with salt and pepper to taste. Add basil and pine nuts and toss to combine gently. Transfer to serving plates and add optional goat cheese.
Recipe Credit: The Kitchn.