9. Thai-Style Grilled Summer Squash and Zucchini
Here’s your ultimate summer squash on the grill recipe! The key with this is to adjust the herbs and spices of the marinade to your taste. More jalapeno, perhaps, for a spicier twist, or more mint and basil for a cooler take.
- 1 Medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Medium summer squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 Cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2-1 Teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1/2-1 Teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño
- 1 Teaspoon soy sauce
- Coarse salt to taste
1. Arrange zucchini and squash in a square baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, add all marinade ingredients and stir to combine well. Adjust herbs, spices, and salt to taste. Pour marinade over vegetables, cover, and let the marinating vegetables stand for about 2 hours.
3. Transfer vegetables to a hot grill, about 4 inches from medium heat, reserving the marinade. Let grill, covered, for 10-15 minutes, uncovering every 3-5 minutes to brush with the marinade. When the vegetables are tender and golden brown, they’re ready. Quarter vegetables. If there is any more marinade, transfer to a bowl and toss with marinade before serving.
Recipe Credit: food.com.