Let’s face it: most of us start out the New Year with the best intentions, but soon we are back to our old habits. Here are 21 ways to help you get your health on track in 2013:
1. Eat a large green salad. Greens are full of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients like chlorophyll that give our body a huge boost. Chlorophyll, in particular, helps build healthy and strong blood.
2. Drink more water. Water fuels every cell in our body. Insufficient water spells the breakdown of cellular process that can eventually cause illness.
3. Eat two or three pieces or servings of fruit (count ˝ cup of fruit like grapes, blueberries, cherries, etc. as a serving) daily. It’s easy enough to choose fruit instead of a less-healthy dessert.
4. Go for a brisk walk. Walking gets your heart pumping, improves circulation, and gets your lymphatic system (the system that eliminates toxic build-up from your tissues) working more effectively.
5. Better yet, take your brisk walk in nature. Breath in the rich oxygenated air from the trees and enjoy the peace and quiet nature offers.
6. Drink a freshly made juice preferably with green veggies. Ideally, dilute your juice 1:1 with pure water. Fresh juices are an easy way to cleanse your body and give it a huge amount of nutrients. Some people spend a fortune on superfoods (which is fine if you have the money) but fresh juices also tend to be rich in antioxidants and other critical nutrients and are much cheaper.
7. Think of at least 10 things for which you are grateful each day. Better yet, start a gratitude journal. Just the act of appreciating what you have can help you feel happier and better about your life.
8. Hug someone you love (make sure it is someone who actually wants a hug).
9. Soak in a warm bath with Epsom salts. The magnesium in Epsom salts is readily absorbed through your skin to relax your muscles and ease tension. Many experts estimate that about 80% of the population is magnesium deficient. This is a delightful way to boost your magnesium levels. Try to stay in the water for at least 20 minutes for maximum benefits.
Keep reading to discover the simple technique that lowers the hormone linked to weight gain…