11. Photo mugs, photo mouse pads or photo-customized BBQ apron.
14. A thoughtful handwritten card that lists many of the things you love about your dad.
15. Books — such as 101 Places to Go Before You Die, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy or The History of the World in Six Glasses. Books on CD are also great for the dad on the go. Try NPR’s Driveway Moments for Dad: Radio Stories that Won’t Let You Go or The L.L. Bean Ultimate Guide of Fly Fishing.
16. Personalized golf balls.
17. Child’s Handprint Tree — great personalized and framable gift for dad with young children.
18. ”Wine of the Month Club” membership. This is the gift that keeps on giving!
20. Portable and rechargeable Solar Speakers with Goal Zero ultra compact and durable solar panel. Great for river trips, backpacking, sailing and backyards — basically anywhere you want music but do not have electricity. I bought this combo for my husband last year for Father’s Day and he loves it. The speakers have amazing sound quality; they are light and durable. The solar panel can easily also recharge smartphones and other handheld devices. It’s a great back-up for emergencies too.
21. Bond 50: The Complete 22 James Bond Film Collection on Blu-Ray.
This list started at 10, then went to 15, then 21 as I collected so many great ideas. Obviously, the best present for dad is one thoughtfully chosen to reflect his interests. My dad would look at me in bewilderment if I gave him customized golf balls for Father’s Day, but he would love the James Bond movie collection or the seasoning kit for the grill. However, most dads are happy with whatever their offspring choose, even if it is a plaid tie, as it really is the thought that counts.
What gifts have you given your dad? What are you planning on giving your dad this year? The best two suggestions (one under $25 and the other under $500) of father’s day gifts in the comment section below will receive a free $10 gift card from me, so suggest away!
Do you also make sure you spend time with your dad on Father’s day? Please share those stories too.
However you spend the day celebrating your dad, ENJOY!