We get quite a few magazines at our house. My husband subscribes to a couple of gaming magazines, and somehow every time we buy concert tickets we end up receiving issues of Rolling Stone in the mail. Couple that with other glossy mailings, like junk mail and catalogs, and we’ve got quite the collection of magazine paper.
1. Turn an old magazine into a recycled plant stand.
2. Make some recycled magazine boxes to store your knick knacks.
3. Turn them into recycled gift bows for birthday or holiday presents.
4. Fold the pages into origami.
5. Wrap small gifts in the pages.
6. Make recycled paper beads (video).
7. Whip up a bouquet of recycled magazine page flowers.
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by theseanster93
8. Turn a stack of magazines into a sweet planter.
9. Transform old magazines into sweet little recycled gift boxes.
10. Shred the pages to make confetti or for packaging valuables.
11. Fold them into homemade envelopes.
12. Try you hand at making this cute magazine bowl.
13. Instead of tossing them in the bin, turn some old magazines into a waste bin!
14. Weave yourself a classy magazine page wristlet.
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by Sarabbit
15. Give them away to a friend.
16. Donate to doctor’s offices or anywhere else that has a waiting room.
17. Cut out the images and text for collages. Collage is always a fun craft to do with kids!
18. Donate them to a school or library.
19. Save them up until the holidays get here, and create these adorable upcycled Christmas trees.
20. Cut out perfect squares, and use your old magazines to make fun pinwheels. The covers work best, or you can double up pages).
21. Use cut out images and words to make your own custom marble magnets.
22. Use them to make papier mache projects.
Have you guys gotten crafty with old magazines? I’d love to keep the reuse inspiration going in the comments!
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by Greencolander