Sure, they sound like a side dish. But once you try them, you’ll realize that these garlicky-buttery ‘shrooms take center stage. Serve them with crusty bread to soak up all the tasty juices.
1. Garlicky Roasted Mushrooms
- 1 Pound crimini or porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed & chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/8 T
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground pepper
Oven Temperature: 450 Degrees, middle rack.
1. In a shallow baking dish, toss mushrooms, capers, garlic, oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Place butter cubes on top of mushrooms.
2. Roast in oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden and tender. Stir occasionally while roasting.
3. Remove from oven and stir in lemon juice and parsley.
Recipe Credit: Gourmet