25 Ways to Reuse Glass Jars
Tip: Removing Sticky Labels. Before you can do any crafting, you probably want to get any labels off of those reclaimed jars. Here’s how to do it without resorting to toxic solvents!
13. Seed Starter Pots – You can use reclaimed Mason jars or really any large, glass jars to make these wall-mounted, hanging starter pots!
14. Create a Terrarium – Glass jars are perfect for making sweet little terrariums!
15. Painted Jars – These solid-painted glass jars are a beautiful way to organize your craft supplies!
16. Fancy-Lid Storage Jars – Plain, clean jars make great storage, and I love this project for adding detail not to the jar, but to the lid!
17. Nature-Inspired Floating Candle – Glass jars make beautiful centerpieces, and I love the idea of combining a floating candle with natural materials for an organic look!
18. Hanging Organizer – Get your clutter off of those surfaces with this simple, clever trick. The tutorial uses baby food jars, but you could use larger jars, if you have bigger items that need storing.
19. Another Fancy Lid Idea – If you don’t like so much embellishment but do want to add a pop of color to your jar lids, check out this simple tutorial!
20. Glass Jar Photo Frames – Smaller jars make beautiful, 3D photo frames!
22. Create a To-Go Cup – Turn an old jar into a cup for sipping your drinks on the go!
23. Doily Luminaries – Reclaimed glass jar + vintage doily = gorgeous ambient lighting!
24. Twine-Wrapped Jars – Grab that spool of hemp or jute twine, and get wrapping for a lovely, shabby-chic look.
25. Soap Dispenser – Turn an old jar into a soap dispenser, no power tools required!
I’d love to hear from you guys, too! Have you been doing any fun upcycling with reclaimed glass? Tell us about it in the comments!
Image Credits: photos by Becky Striepe and Photojojo