By Marc and Angel Hack Life, DivineCaroline
Life is filled with simple pleasures, the little satisfying effects you never really anticipate, but always take great pleasure in. They are the gifts of life that we each subconsciously celebrate in our own unique way. Here, what we think are nearly thirty of the most satisfying simple pleasures life has to offer.
1. Skinny Dipping: There’s something mysteriously liberating about being naked in a body of water. You’re naked, but it feels natural, a sense of unrefined freedom.
2. Finding Money You Didn’t Know You Had: You reach into your pocket and find a twenty-dollar bill from the last time you wore these jeans. You aren’t rich, but you are richer than you were a second earlier.
3. Making Brief Eye Contact with Someone of the Opposite Sex: You pass her on the street or in the subway. She glances up at you momentarily, making direct eye contact in a way that seems to communicate a subtle curiosity. For a split second, it makes you think…and then it’s gone.
4. Sleeping In on a Rainy Day: As the rain beats lightly against the window, you nestle your head deeper into your pillow. The sound is soothing and your bed feels like a sanctuary. There’s no place you would rather be.
5. Receiving a Real Letter or Package via Snail Mail: Email has become the primary source of written communication. Most snail mail these days is junk mail. When you check the mail and find a real letter or package from someone you know, excitement overtakes you as you tear into this rare gift.
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.