The classic! Try out this great recipe for homemade margaritas.
Makes 6 drinks.
- 3/4 Cup fresh lime juice, 3-4 limes
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Cup, 2 Tablespoons Blanco/silver tequila
- 1/4 Cup Gran Torres orange liqueur
- Lime wedges
- Kosher Salt
1. Pour salt onto a plate. Rub 6 glasses with lime, and dip into salt.
1. In a large pitcher, stir lime juice, sugar and 1 cup water to combine. Stir in tequila and liqueur. Transfer about half of the mixture, along with about 3/4 cup small ice cubes, to a cocktail shaker. Shake for about 15 seconds. Pour into glasses. Add the rest of the mixture, and another 3/4 cup of small ice cubes, to the cocktail shaker and repeat process.
Recipe Credit: Rick Bayless.
See Also: Homemade Chips and Salsa (Recipes)