Celebrate the spring season with these three recipes that make the most of fresh-from-the-garden (or farmer’s market) produce.
2 medium shallots, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
¼ pound potato, peeled and diced
1 pound fresh or frozen peas
3 cups water or light vegetable broth
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon water
1. Cook shallots with a pinch of salt in oil until translucent.
2. Add potato and cook until soft.
3. Add peas and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Puree mixture with water or broth in blender.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Combine sour cream and 1 tablespoon water.
7. Drizzle loose cream over soup for garnish.