This light and cheery oil is also a perfect blend with cinnamon when you’re looking for a delicious, energizing and soothing blend.
Orange: Citrus sinensis*
Health Benefits of Orange Essential Oil:
Anticoagulant, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, carminative, cholagogue, digestive, diuretic, expectorant, fungicidal, hypotensive, stimulant, stomachic, general tonic.
· can be used to boost immunity, and treat colds, the flu, stress-induced asthma, and coughs
· eases indigestion, constipation, dyspepsia, and flatulence
· helps to maintain healthy skin, and treat dermatitis, dull skin and wounds
· can help ease symptoms of depression, insomnia, tension, and hypertension
· treats infections, muscle aches and pains, slow circulation, and disorders of the mouth and gums
· can also used as an aphrodisiac (another reason it’s a great partner for cinnamon)
Words of Caution: Orange oil has photo-toxic properties (if worn on the skin, it may cause a reaction in sunlight). The taste of orange oil is bitter, and if ingested in excess can result in vomiting, nausea, or loss of appetite.
*Sweet Orange Essential Oil is the oil produced from the fruit peel of the orange tree and is not to be mistaken for other orange essential oils such as ‘bitter orange’, petitgrain (produced from the leaves of the orange tree) and neroli (produced from the blossoms).
Enjoy the season and all the wonderful sights, sounds and smells there are to be had!