26. Stop eating baked goods with artificial colors. They may look pretty but research links food colors and artificial dyes to having toxic effects on the brain and nervous system, particularly among children.
27. Stop using fragrances. Most perfumes and colognes, scented candles, plug-in air “fresheners,” pot pourri, laundry soap, fabric softeners and dryer sheets are loaded with toxic ingredients that have been linked to hormonal imbalances, mood swings, fatigue, brain damage, and many other symptoms.
28. Don’t heat food or store it in plastic. Most plastic contains bisphenol-A (BPA) that migrates into the food stored in these containers. BPA has been linked to thyroid and other hormonal problems.
29. Don’t use mothballs. Mothballs contain paradichlorobenzene which is seriously toxic. Instead choose sachets made with natural herbs and essential oils like rosemary, lavender, thyme, and mint, which are natural moth-repellants.
30. Reduce the amount of meat in your diet.
Adapted with permission from The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan by Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM.