4 Cooling Watermelon Recipes
In the summer time when the weather’s fine,
We’ve got watermelon on our mind!
To remind you just how healthy watermelon is, here is a short summary. (More information can be found at Watermelon Health Benefits.)
Health Benefits of Watermelon:
1. Watermelon is extremely alkaline-forming in the body.
2. Watermelon is the lycopene leader among fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Watermelon may have a Viagra-like effect.
4. Watermelon is a natural diuretic.
5. Watermelon is a very good source of potassium.
Watermelon Recipes #1: Watermelon Juice
If you need to alkalize quickly, then here is a recipe that uses the second-most alkaline-forming food. This is one very easy and refreshing juice made with watermelon.
- Watermelon (as much as you want)
- Tall glass
Yes, that is all you need.
1. Cut off the rind from the watermelon.
2. Cut up watermelon flesh into pieces.
3. Put into the blender (even if it has seeds in it).
4. Blend till totally juiced.
5. If there are seeds, then strain while pouring.
6. Serve this red juice in a tall clear glass, as it is so beautiful.
You can watch a video here: How to Make Watermelon Juice
Next page: How To Make Watermelon Popsicles and Watermelon Soup!
Watermelon Recipes #2: Watermelon Popsicles
These wonderful treats are very simple to make. Get your children or grandchildren to help you.
- Popsicle containers or ice cube trays
1. Make Watermelon Juice.
2. Pour into popsicle containers or ice cube maker trays.
You can watch the video of how to do this here: Watermelon Popsicles
Watermelon Recipes #3: Watermelon Soup
- 4 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Few drops of stevia (optional)
1. Blend watermelon, lemon juice, mint and stevia in a blender until smooth.
2. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
3. Sprinkle chopped mint on top of each bowl.
Next page: Watermelon Salad and Watermelon Rind
Watermelon Recipes #4: Watermelon Salad
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 3 leaves chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
Note: Normally you don’t combine watermelon with anything but small bits of lettuce, and celery goes with almost everything.
1. Combine watermelon, lettuce, and celery in bowl.
2. Add lemon juice to your taste preference. No sweetener necessary.
Watermelon is so good for you, even the rind has health benefits. Learn more: Watermelon Rind.
My Watermelon Story:
When I was disabled for 10 years with a digestive system that was only partly functioning and could eat only 12 foods, watermelon was a lifesaver for me. I would eat half of a very big watermelon every day. I am very thankful for watermelons for helping me on my journey back to health.
I think watermelon is so good for us (as it is cleansing and alkalizing for the body) that we give Weekend Watermelon Boot Camps. Check it out! The next one is very soon.