In the summer time when the weather’s fine,
We’ve got watermelon on our mind!
To remind you just how healthy watermelon is, here is a short summary. (More information can be found at Watermelon Health Benefits.)
Health Benefits of Watermelon:
1. Watermelon is extremely alkaline-forming in the body.
2. Watermelon is the lycopene leader among fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Watermelon may have a Viagra-like effect.
4. Watermelon is a natural diuretic.
5. Watermelon is a very good source of potassium.
Watermelon Recipes #1: Watermelon Juice
If you need to alkalize quickly, then here is a recipe that uses the second-most alkaline-forming food. This is one very easy and refreshing juice made with watermelon.
Yes, that is all you need.
1. Cut off the rind from the watermelon.
2. Cut up watermelon flesh into pieces.
3. Put into the blender (even if it has seeds in it).
4. Blend till totally juiced.
5. If there are seeds, then strain while pouring.
6. Serve this red juice in a tall clear glass, as it is so beautiful.
You can watch a video here: How to Make Watermelon Juice
Next page: How To Make Watermelon Popsicles and Watermelon Soup!
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.