1. First thing in the morning, take a quick walk with your dog, your spouse or a friend. When watching Cesar Milan whisper sage advice he consistently mentions that most of the dogs he trains have behavioral issues because they do not get enough exercise. I tend to think it is the same problem with humans and walking can be a simple solution. If it is difficult to walk in your neighborhood, then lace up your walking shoes and walk as fast as you can around your local Mall. Just remember to keep moving and leave your credit card at home.
2. Confronted with an escalator or stairs take the stairs every time. If your office is up more flights than you think you can do, build up your stamina by adding a flight every few days; you can always take the elevator the rest of the way. Stair climbing is great exercise for your legs and sagging buttocks, not to mention strengthening the heart and increasing oxygen to the lungs.
3. Park your car as far away as you can walk in your chic summer sandals and hike it across the parking lot. If it is a hot day you will just move faster to get into the air conditioning.
4. Remember how much fun it was to ride your bicycle around the neighborhood as a kid, well it is still a lot of fun and great exercise. No need to buy a fancy racing model when a used upright with a basket for groceries will do just fine.
5. Break up watching television or working on the computer with work in the garden and household chores. Shake off the sluggish feelings from sitting and watching and get up and do something, even if it is loading the dishwasher or folding your laundry or yelling at your kids to get away from the television and go outside to play. Come to think of it, go outside and play with them.