3. Warrior II Pose
Any yoga posture that involves stretching the arms out to the sides can help with carpal tunnel, and Warrior II is a great place to start!
- Stand up straight with your legs spread out further than hip-distance apart.
- Turn your right foot out, so the toes are facing the wall to your right, and turn your left foot in ever so slightly.
- Bend the right knee, bringing the thigh parallel to the floor.
- Raise your arms, so that they are also parallel to the floor. Think about opening up your chest and pulling your shoulder blades together. You can keep your hands parallel to the floor or rotate your arms so that your hands face out, like in the photo above.
- Turn your head to the right, and breathe. You can stay in this posture for as long as you like!
- Repeat on the left side.
Next: Prayer Hands
photo via Thinkstock