Creaky knees and aching joints need not be an expected result of advancing age. You can stay flexible and pain-free until late in life, if you pay attention to these simple things that help your hard-working joints.
- Cook with turmeric. This time-honored spice contains curcumin, which is known to reduce the inflammatory chemicals in osteoarthritis and ease painful joints.
- Munch on almonds. They’re delicious and rich in Vitamin E, which protects the outer membrane of your joints. Sunflower seeds are another wonder food in your fight against stiff and achy joints.
- Drink red wine. A recent research study shows that reservatrol, a plant chemical found in red wine, can bring relief to inflamed joints.
- Walk off the weight. This is the most important thing you can do to enjoy supple joints until late in life. Losing just five percent of your body weight eases pressure on your joints dramatically. Walking, yoga, swimming, dancing or cycling—all of these are enjoyable and effective ways to keep the weight off. Here are some weight loss tips that I have found really useful.
- Eat broccoli. There’s a compound called sulforaphane in broccoli, which blocks the enzymes that cause joint destruction.
A balanced diet really is the key to joint health. Do take a few minutes to read this list of five more fabulous foods that can help your joints stay young.