Coconut oil is so good for you that it’s worth incorporating into your daily diet.
We learned it’s many amazing benefits in this Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil post. Here is a quick summary. For details read the main article.
12 Health Benefits of Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil
2. Gets candida in check
3. Lowers cholesterol
4. Helps with weight loss
5. Helps keep diabetes in check
6. Reduces heart disease
7. Helps with gastrointestinal malabsorption diseases
8. Supports the immune system
9. Good for the skin
10. Nourishing for the brain
11. Ancient medicine
12. Speeds Recovery
Here are five of my favourites and regularly made recipes that I am happy to share with you.
For breakfast have Oatmeal Cinnamon Porridge & Sultanas with a dash of coconut oil.
I like the old fashioned oats as they have a fuller flavour and are healthier. You can eat this as a raw meal or make it into regular porridge. Since they take longer to cook, I often soak them overnight.
1/3 cup old fashioned oats (rolled oats can be used)
1 cup water
2 Tbsp sultanas
Pinch of salt
1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp honey
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a cereal bowl.
2. Let them sit over night.
3. In the morning add a little salt, melted coconut and cinnamon.
4. Enjoy your simple already made breakfast.
1. Put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a saucepan.
2. Let them sit over night; if you can.
3. In the morning add a little salt.
4. Bring to a boil then turn heat down and simmer, stirring frequently till thick, adding more water if necessary.
Done this way, it is as fast as quick cooking oats and the bonus is the sultanas are plump and juicy.
1. Pour into a cereal bowl.
2. On top put coconut oil and honey, then sprinkle cinnamon.
3. Eat your warm oatmeal porridge.
If you did not get around to soaking overnight: Simply put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a saucepan, bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer, stirring frequently till thick, adding more water if necessary. Serve with extras on top.
Makes: 1 serving
This recipe is specific for our Weight Loss BootCamp.
Next page: Cranberry Ginger Bars
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.