2. Spinach and Strawberry Salad
Sure, vegans eat more than just salad, but nothing says spring to me like a fresh, spinach salad tossed with strawberries and almonds.
- 8 cups of spinach, chopped
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 Haas avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, almond, and avocado.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. You can either toss the dressing in with the salad, or pass it on the side.
Next: Classic Veggie Roast