By Coach Ronnie Ann Ryan for YourTango.com.
Are you a single woman over 50? Good news: You have more options when it comes to men than you might think.
Today, younger men are pursuing older women with surprising vigor. So, at 50, you can date men 10, 15 … even 20 years younger than you, in addition to men your own age and older men as well. That’s a lot of choices, right?
More from YourTango: Why Men Prefer Older Women In Bed
Should you choose to focus on younger men, here are five reasons why males in their 30s want to date hot, 50-something women like you:
1. With age comes confidence. By the time you reach 50, you know yourself pretty well. That means you have more self-confidence which is very attractive to all men. A confident woman isn’t clingy, needy or desperate. She has her own life and is more likely to not need as much attention from a man — cougars are attractive for this very reason. You are just easier to spend time with and a lot less demanding than younger women.
2. Older women are looking younger than ever. You look younger and hotter than ever. Have you been to a class reunion lately? The women look fantastic. Women are taking better care of themselves and doing more to stay young looking. And compared to men, women have so much more to rely on with good skin care, exercise and health. All this gives you a younger appearance than ever and certainly younger than previous generations at the same age. Some experts are claiming 50 is the new 30 – imagine that!
3. You have experience under your belt. Now that you have entered your fifth decade, you have plenty of experience under your belt. Younger men find this exciting and are often seeking to learn more about how to please a woman in the bedroom. This can be a lot of fun as you show him what women like and educate him for younger generations. What a great service you are doing for womankind!
More from YourTango: The Real Reason Older Men Like To Date Younger Women
In addition, a younger man’s youthful exuberance can bring a lot of fun to dating overall. He is not yet stuck in his ways and is far more likely to try new things and have a sense of adventure. They might want to try new foods and restaurants, new cultural experiences, new social activities, new sports and even new positions.
4. There’s no “ticking.” Once you move into your 50s, you are usually beyond the child-bearing phase. The female biological clock has stopped that super loud ticking that you may have heard in your late 30s and into your early 40s. This can be a huge relief to some young men who don’t want to get tied down by younger women who want to start a family.
These men are open to relationships, they just don’t want that long-term commitment and family responsibility. So you offer him a great opportunity for companionship and romance without the pressure of wanting to get married.
5. You’re realistic. At 50, you are savvy about how the world works. That means you know that dating a younger man may be a heck of a lot of fun, but also might not lead to anything deeper or more serious. That is fine by you. You don’t mind a little romantic distraction and feel flattered and enlivened by a younger man’s attention. Yet, you recognize that your relationship is not as likely to last long-term.
More from YourTango: The Cougar Question: Should Older Women Date Younger Men?
The good news about this fact is that you can relax, go with the flow and just enjoy it. And when the interaction with your younger man stops being fun, you are more likely to simply let go and move on. Being savvy to the ways of men and how life works keeps you on an even keel and realistic about what you are doing. That freedom can open doors for you to have more excitement and fun than you ever imagined possible with younger men.
To stay in touch with Ronnie and get her free ebook 5 Big Turnoffs that Drive Men Away.
This article originally appeared on YourTango.com: 5 Things Young Guys Find Sexy About Older Women.