1. If this were your last day, what would you want to be experiencing?
How often do we spend our days recounting our hurts, how we were wronged, what we don’t have, what is stressing us, and how we were disappointed? Choose instead in every moment to experience joy, love, happiness, laughter, connection, and creativity.
2. Pain comes from expecting a dog to be a cat. A dog is going to be a dog.
Accept people for who and how they are, not who and how you want them to be. In doing so, both of you will find release, joy, and acceptance.
3. Life is about choosing, experiencing, learning, and choosing again.
Stop taking life so seriously. Life is about experiences – good, bad, and indifferent. Focus on the experience, not the outcome. What did you learn? What did you feel? How did you make the world better? Even our “wrong” actions are a gift. Can you find yours? Do you have the strength to let go of the shame, guilt, and apparent failures of learning and choose something new?
4. Nothing in this world is permanent. Accept Change.
When we hold fast to old ideas, beliefs, habits, relationships, jobs, locations, or anything else, we become stuck. Like nature, our lives and experiences are ever cycling, morphing, and shifting. Go with the flow.
5. Nothing can change without first having awareness.
When you catch yourself complaining about what you did poorly or a negative thing that just happened, celebrate! Now you are aware and with awareness, you can make adjustments to make your life better.
6. When we aspire, we often forget to be aware of and grateful for all we already have.
Remember to acknowledge and be grateful for what you have while you are on the road to what is next. Live in the present, not in the unknown future. Don’t put your life on hold while you are waiting for what is next….Get 4 other Ideas for Success from Melissa at InspireMeToday.com.
Melissa Heisler helps individuals find joy, balance, empowerment, and success in their work and home lives.