I recently painted my front door blue. On it, I nailed a white ‘Welcome’ sign. Ever since, I’ve been walking about with a spring in my step. The sight of the electric blue as soon as I enter my home fills me with energy. I’ve been thinking of ways to bring more happy blue into my life. Here are some ideas for you to try:
1. Give a small room a sense of space by painting the walls cobalt or turquoise blue.
2. A blue-themed bedroom is a calming space. You can add pops of yellow or white, but if the basic color scheme is blue, you will sleep better.
3. Place blue where it’s unexpected: why not try blue tiles on your floor?
4. If everything else in a room is neutral-colored, a bright blue desk or bench can make a dramatic difference.
5. Did you know: blue dinner plates help you eat less, because blue is ‘cool’ in nature. So if you’re watching your weight, get yourself a set of blue plates!
6. A bunch of blueberries in a wicker basket…
7. Blue looks beautiful against dark wood. Let an exquisite blue jar or a simple blue earthen pot occupy pride of place among elegant wooden furniture.
More ideas are welcome from you, my friends!