Before you become master of your own life, you feel inadequate and powerless. Unforeseen things happen all the time. By contrast, after you assume authorship of your own life, outcomes are never in doubt. No matter what happens to you, each event has a place and a meaning. You also begin to master the art of manifestation. You just intend a thing and it happens. You co-create with the universe.
When highly successful people are interviewed, many times they repeat the same formula: “I had a dream and I stuck with it, because I was certain that it would come true.” This attitude is a symptom—one might say the symptom—of co-creation.
The following qualities can be seen in people who have mastered the art of intention:
1. They are not attached to the past of how things should turn out.
2. They adapt quickly to errors and mistakes.
3. They have good antennae and are alert to tiny signals.
4. They have a good connection between mind and body.
5. They have no trouble embracing uncertainty and ambiguity.
6. They remain patient about the outcome to their desires, trusting the universe to bring results.
7. They make karmic connections and are able to see the meaning in chance events.
Adapted from How to Know God, by Deepak Chopra (Three Rivers Press, 2000).