1. Treat yourself to a handful of almonds and low-fat yogurt when you crave a mid-morning snack.
2. Make a scrub with 2 tbsp. granulated sugar and 1 tsp. sweet almond oil, and gently rub it all over your face and neck. Take a warm shower after a few minutes. Your skin will feel silken.
3. Your face loves the luxury of occasional steam. Mix 3 drops each of rosemary, grapefruit, and cedarwood essential oils in a bowl of hot water. Put a towel over your head, bend over the steam and breathe deeply for a few minutes. The oils will draw out impurities and make your skin feel super-fresh.
4. Rub foot balm all over your feet, massaging them as you go. After a few minutes, soak feet in warm water, wrap with a warm towel, and relax with your feet up for a few minutes.
5. Enjoy a cup of cardamom chai, the Indian way. Simply boil 1/2 cup each of water and milk together, popping in 1 tsp. tea leaves, the crushed seeds of one cardamom pod, 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, and sugar to your taste. Bring the chai to a boil, then simmer for a few minutes to draw out the flavors of each ingredient. It’s fragrant, tasty, and protects you from winter sniffles.
6. Melt 1 heaped tsp. of pure shea butter into your bath before sliding in. Soak in for at least 10 minutes, and you’ll emerge feeling wonderfully moisturized.
7. Upon waking up, enjoy a glass of fresh juice made from 1 celery stick, 2 beetroots, 2 carrots, and a few spinach leaves. Add a dash of ginger for extra kick. It’s really rejuvenating.