Plain yogurt is one of the most versatile dairy foods you can enjoy. A cup a day will lavish you with an amazing range of health benefits. Here’s a look at some key ways in which yogurt powers your health:
- If you are taking antibiotics, yogurt will help you replenish the friendly bacteria that is killed by the drugs’ actions.
- Regular intake of yogurt keeps yeast infections away.
- Served as delicious dips and smoothies, yogurt is an excellent protein-rich for young children.
- It is easy to digest and promotes the bioavailability of key nutrients.
- The proteins, vitamins and other vital nutrients in yogurt make it a powerful immunity-boosting food.
- Yogurt is helpful in settling the stomach after a bout of diarrhea or constipation. It also reduces bloating and gas.
- Yogurt is a time-tested beauty aid. That is because the lactic acid in it lightens blemishes and hydrates skin beautifully. Mix yogurt with olive oil and a little turmeric powder, and apply on skin. Wash off with warm water after a few minutes, and watch the fresh, dewy glow on your face!
Also see: 11 Surprising Uses for Yogurt
Tip: Fresh, homemade yogurt is always more beneficial than store-bought.
Easy Ideas with Plain Yogurt
- Yogurt + mixed berries + cinnamon + honey
- Yogurt +finely chopped cucumbers, onions and tomatoes + fresh herbs
- Yogurt + mint + cilantro leaves + rock salt
- Yogurt + olive oil + fresh basil leaves + freshly crushed black pepper + coarse sea salt
- Yogurt + chopped walnuts + raisins
- Yogurt + pureed spinach + crushed garlic +salt
- Yogurt + diced or pureed mango