7. Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake with Hemp
Coming from a variety of the Cannabis plant that contains the lowest amount of THC, the psychoactive ingredient contained in Marijuana, hemp seeds are fast becoming one of the most popular healing foods out there and a great option for vegans. With more protein than milk or eggs, hemp contains tons of omega 3 and 6 essential fats. And it makes a mean vegan cheesecake. This recipes contains honey, which many vegans don’t eat. You could substitute with agave.
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
3/4 cup shelled hemp seed
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup raw honey
16 oz firm tofu
1 cup canned organic pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Arrow root
1 organic graham cracker crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a blender, puree shelled hemp seeds with water until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients and blend.
4. Pour mixture into graham cracker pie shell, and bake for about 30 minutes.
5. Optional: Top with vegan whipped cream.