3. Vegetables and More
- Long-cooking sweet vegetables: winter squash, carrot, parsnip, turnip, sweet (and white) potatoes.
- A mixture of sweet vegetables and bitter greens: kale, collards, chard, dandelion, turnip.
- Pungent vegetables to round out and deepen the flavor: onion, garlic, ginger, leek, shallot.
- Beans, lentils, tempeh and tofu for added protein.
- Tart and sweet apples or pears combine well with winter squash soups.
- Aromatic herbs to enhance and accentuate the flavors: basil, parsley, sage, tarragon, cumin, oregano, thyme, rosemary.
4. Quality Oils: Olive, Sesame, Toasted Sesame, Roasted Walnut, Coconut.
5. Salty Taste: Sea salt, Miso (dark or light), Soy sauce (Tamari, Shoyu), Soy or Coconut Aminos.
Next: Finishing touches