While you might find white vinegar in the food section of grocery stores, there are also many great uses for vinegar beyond the kitchen. The ASPCA says vinegar is an environmentally friendly odor destroyer. If you have dogs, cats, fish or birds, you’ll find these tips very helpful. Several are from VinegarTips.com.
- Want a clean birdbath? Scrub it with undiluted white distilled vinegar followed by a good rinse.
- Does your cat scratch your favorite chair? Simply spray white distilled vinegar on the chair. Just make sure you test a hidden area first for discoloration.
- Flies bothering your horse? Spray a mixture of water and white distilled vinegar around the horse area.
- Did your puppy have an accident? Pair vinegar with baking soda. It goes a great job of getting rid of the stain and the odor.
- Worried about your cat eating toxic plants? Just spray the leaves with a mixture of white distilled vinegar and water.
- Want to get rid of deposits and water lines in your aquarium? Simply wipe it down with white distilled vinegar followed by a rinse. If you have stubborn deposits, you may need to soak overnight.
- Did your dog get sprayed by a skunk? Wipe him with a half and half solution of white distilled vinegar and water, followed by a bath. Another alternative that works is the mixture of 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap.
- Got cat litter odor? Pour 1/2 inch of white distilled vinegar in the empty litter box and swish it around. Let it stand for 15 minutes. If the smell is too strong for your kitty, try mixing the vinegar with some seltzer water.
Have you used vinegar in your pet household? Thanks for sharing any tips in a comment below.
Delivering Calm, four paws at a time…
Receive a FREE DOWNLOAD from the Calm your Canine Companion music series when you sign up for the Through a Dog’s Ear newsletter and/or Lisa’s Blog. Simply click here, enter your email address and a link to the free download will be delivered to your inbox for you and your canine household to enjoy!