I have a huge collection of magazines, but I am not a crafty person at all. While cleaning out my cupboards yesterday, I realized I would need to do something more than just let the magazines sit there. So I looked up some ideas. Here are some of the best of what I found. I hope they will help those of you who, like me, love magazines but don’t exactly know what to do with them!
- Stack ‘em up to make a base for a lamp. If you place a tray on top of the stack, it becomes a coffee table!
- Tear them up and stick the pages to a dull wall: instant, statement-making wallpaper. Click here to find exciting ways to make your guests literally ‘read the walls.’
- Glue some magazine photos and letters on to a blank greeting card—your personalized way of saying something sweet and meaningful. Here is a great resource to help you create exciting greeting card projects.
- Use the magazines as coasters and trivets. I am including it because it is truly easy to do. Here is a quick tutorial.
- Cut up healthy recipes and well-being tips from old magazines, paste them into a blank notebook, and gift them to a friend. See how beautifully this blogger has organized her collection of magazine clippings, and called them “Pinterest on paper!”
- Use them as wrapping paper for your gifts.
- Magazines are filled with words written in creative, fun fonts. Cut them and up and arrange the letters to write the recipient’s name or a greeting when you are sending them an envelope containing a gift. Take a look at this idea.
- And the easiest of them all: Donate them to a doctor’s office.
Do share some more ideas on how to make the best use of these old favorites!