4. To feed cats all you have to do is leave a bowl of dried food on the floor. It can also be the same food everyday.
5. You never have to bathe a cat — they do so all on their own and without complaining.
6. Cats, unlike kids, love to be brushed. When you brush a cat, there is no howling or tears — and thus no guilt.
7. They never argue or talk back to you with a voice full of sass.
8. As said above, you can leave cats mostly alone while on vacation and if you want a date with your partner, you never need a babysitter, thus making those dates easier and cheaper.
In spite of all the benefits of having just cats instead of kids, you must be careful about having too many cats, especially if you are female, single, and over age 40. Otherwise you may be known behind you back as “the crazy cat lady” — or worse accused of witchcraft. Having a few kids around however can diffuse the name calling and the witchcraft suspicions! Furthermore, if you really like to wipe bum-bums, loud noises, and cooking for picky eaters, the good news is that cats and kids are not incompatible. In fact, you can enjoy both. I know, because I do.