Essential oils are a time-tested tool for healing a staggering number of discomforts ranging from muscle fatigue to depression. Delve into their wonderful world, and you could beat back day-to-day health problems without rushing to a clinic.
How to Blend Essential Oils:
- Essential oils should be diluted with cold-pressed carrier oils so that they don’t cause irritation or other reactions.
- Carrier oils are base oils that help ‘carry’ the essential oil onto your skin and senses. These are usually derived from nuts, kernels or seeds. Examples: sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, evening primrose oil, grapeseed oil, hazelnut oil and such.
- For every ounce of carrier oil, use 5 to 10 drops of essential oil.
- For 1 tub of bath water, use 6 to 8 drops of essential oil.
- Make sure the oil you’re using is genuine. Pure oil is more watery than oily. It is usually packaged in a dark blue or brown bottle, so that the liquid is preserved.
Next: Anxious? Tired? 8 ways to heal yourself with aromatherapy