Everyone loves the delicious holiday treats, feasts, and party-fare, but no one loves the indigestion, bloating, and heavy feeling afterward. Here are 8 ways to improve your post-holiday meal digestion:
1. Don’t devour the food. Take it slowly and chew your food well. It may sound cliché but chewing mixes food with your digestive enzymes, helping to improve digestion.
2. If you’re stressed out, try to wait until you feel more relaxed to eat.
3. Try not to eat too late at night. Late-night eating doesn’t allow enough time for food to digest and often causes heartburn and weight gain.
4. Don’t drink too much with meals as it dilutes your digestive enzymes and can result in indigestion and bloating.
5. Eat less food more often throughout the day, rather than eating a huge meal all in one sitting.