- One of the first known uses of beets was by the ancient Romans, who used them medicinally as an aphrodisiac.
- Beets contain high levels of nitrates which increase blood flow by expanding blood vessels walls. Increased blood flow to the genital areas is one of the mechanisms Viagra and other pharmaceuticals create their effects.
- Beets also contain high amounts of boron, which is directly related to the production of human sex hormones.
- Beets have a host of other health benefits.
Tip: For lunch serve Borstch With A Difference. This soup has so many foods in it that your company will know you made it with tender loving care!
- Garlic is full of allicin, another ingredient that will also increase blood flow.
- In eastern traditions monks and priests are not allowed to eat garlic (or onions) because they are particularly stimulating.
- Garlic has a host of other health benefits, many of which boost your immune system.
- The obvious trouble with this food is that unless your partner is also a garlic eater, they might not like your smell!
Tip: For dinner have Zucchini With Lots of Garlic The zuchini for some is just an excuse for all the garlic but in any case, it’s a heavenly combination.
- Exercise doesn’t sound romantic unless it’s a “moonlit walk on the beach.” But it turns out, exercise is so good for the body, that it triggers romantic moods, as well.
- During vigorous activity, endorphins–the ”feel good” chemicals–are released. They can feel like a rush of love.
- Exercise increases blood flow to the whole body and thus like beets and garlic, can increase moods and desire.
- Exercise and building muscle mass also usually increases testosterone levels.
Tip: Go for a walk together. What better way to deepen your love then while connecting with nature.
Next page: Three powerful traditional aphrodisiacs.