Almond Butter Clusters
It’s hard to go wrong with a sweet recipe like this–crunchy, chewy, nutty, fruity, yummy. It may not hover at the bottom of the calorie-count list, but if you’re going to splurge on a sweet treat, it might as well be with something that is as full of vibrant nutrients as this!
2 cups allergy-friendly granola
1 cup almond butter
½ cup shelled, raw sunflower seeds
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup honey (maple syrup for a vegan version)
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled (coconut oil for a vegan version)
1. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour mixture into greased baking pan and use spatula to pack down firmly.
4. Bake for 35 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool well (place in freezer to speed this step up).
6. Use serrated knife to cut the cool mixture into bite-sized clusters.
Makes about 6 cups.
Per serving (1/2 cup): calories 410, fat 27g, protein 9g, carbohydrate 37g, dietary fiber 4g
Read all about nut butters in Nutty for Nut Butter.
Kiwi magazine is ideal for families interested in a healthy lifestyle. They cover the latest in natural and organic products, nutrition and wellness. You’ll find information on social and environmental issues that touch your family as well as parenting advice from leading experts. And, of course, there’s fun stuff like kids’ fashions, reviews on kids’ media, toys and games. We’ve even thrown in some information for pampering parents, too. Subscribe now and Kiwi will make a donation to World Vision.
By Cricket Azima, Kiwi magazine