Test your knowledge of the animal kingdom with this quiz. Good luck!
1. A giraffe cleans its ear with:
a. its tongue
b. tree bark
d. leaves (done by another giraffe, usually a mother or a mate)
2. Crickets hear with:
b. their knees
c. a special organ located on their upper back
d. a sound-amplifying tongue
3. An elephant drinks with its trunk. True or False?
4. A bullfrog swallows by:
a. gulping in air along with whatever is being swallowed
b. croaking which causes the throat to undulate
c. by blinking
d. stretching its neck upwards
5. Pandas have which extra feature, not typically found in other mammals
a. an extra “nose” found inside the mouth cavity
c. double-jointed knees
d. photo-sensitive nose pads
6. A shark can lose and grow how many teeth during a lifetime?
7. Common earthworms cannot see, hear or smell. True or False?
8. The blue whale’s heart is the size of a:
b. desktop computer
c. a small car
d. a king-sized bed
9. An albatross has the largest wingspan of any bird and can glide for months on ocean winds without landing. True or false?
10. A beaver’s teeth grow with sudden bursts and stop growing by their second birthday. True or False?