Asparagus Gives Women Superpowers
The herb Asparagus belongs to family Liliaceae and the Latin name is Asparagus racemosus. In Ayurveda, it is called as Shatavari (one who possesses hundred husbands and also that which cures 100 diseases) and Shatamuli (plant with 100 roots). Shatavari strengthens the female reproductive system, enhances female fertility and maintains health of women.
Alkaloids – asparagamine, Steroidal Saponins – shatavarin and Polysaccharides.
Roots and leaves.
Anti-inflammatory, aphrodisiac, anti-spasmodic, antacid, anti-tumor, haemostatic, adaptogen, anti-fungal, demulcent, diuretic, galactogogue, female reproductive tonic, nutritive, rejuvenator, laxative, spermatogenic and immuno-modulator.
* Enhances fertility and prevents miscarriage by nourishing and strengthening female reproductive organs.
* Useful in decreased libido, threatened miscarriage, leucorrhea, menorrhagia dysmenorrhea and menstrual irregularity.
* As it supplies oestrogen hormone and balances female hormonal system, it is good for women with menopausal problems and for those who have had hysterectomy and oophorectomy.
* Helps to relieve PMS (premenstrual syndrome) symptoms.
* Great galactogogue (increases the production of breast milk in lactating women).
* Good post-partum tonic.
* Best herb for the treatment of impotency, low sperm count, spermatorrhea and sexual debility in men.
* Cures hyperacidity, gastric ulcers, colitis, and crohn’s disease because of its anti- inflammatory and demulcent properties.
* As it soothes the membranes of respiratory tract, it is quite useful in treating chronic dry cough, sore throat and bronchitis.
* Useful in hematuria and dysuria.
* Excellent rejuvenator of the body and a nervine tonic too.
* Benefits eyesight.
* Effective hemostatic-cold potency of Shatavari helps to stop all sorts of bleeding (systemic and local) by constricting the blood vessels.
* Improves skin tone.
* Shatavari stimulates macrophage action and thus helps to combat various candida infections.
Powder: 3-6gms with milk
It is believed to be safe for long term use, even during pregnancy and lactation.