Best-Ever Natural Dandruff Treatment Formula
Many conventional dandruff shampoos contain immunotoxicants and neurotoxicants like selenium sulfide, which, if swallowed, can cause vital organs to degenerate.
Dandruff shampoos also often contain carcinogenic PVPs and formaldehyde.
Much better to make this splendid formula with apple cider vinegar to balance the pH of your scalp, cornmeal to gently exfoliate the dry flakes, and an emollient to soothe and nourish your skin.
Easy to make, all natural, and really effective!
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 plastic bag that will fit over your hair.
Makes 1 or 2 treatments, depending on hair length and thickness.
1. Pour the grapeseed oil into a bowl, then add the cornmeal and vinegar.
2. Stir well to make a pasty oil.
1. Rinse hair with warm water.
2. Warm a tablespoon of the oil mixture in the palms of your hands.
3. Using your fingertips (not nails), in a circular motion gently massage the mixture into the scalp.
4. Repeat until the entire scalp has been massaged.
5. Place a plastic bag over your hair, secure with a hair clip or clothespin, and allow oil to remain on for at least 1/2 hour.
6. Rinse well, them shampoo as you normally would.
Adapted from The Herbal Home Spa, by Greta Breedlove (Storey Books, 1998). Copyright (c) 1998 by Greta Breedlove. Reprinted by permission of Storey Books.
Adapted from The Herbal Home Spa, by Greta Breedlove (Storey Books, 1998).