Blueberry & Cucumber Salad (Recipe)
This is the quintessential summer salad — light, refreshing, in season and delicious!
Blueberry & Cucumber Salad
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 Heaping cups blueberries
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup feta, crumbled (optional)
- 1 Heart of romaine, chopped
- 2 Lightly packed cups fresh mint leaves
1. Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Adjust salt and pepper for taste.
2. In a large bowl, toss to combine all salad ingredients. Add dressing and toss again. Salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Recipe Credit: Janie Hibler via The Wall Street Journal.