Nothing compliments love better than a burning candle softly casting its bright golden glow upon your beloved–or, if they canĎt be nearby, upon their framed photograph. But what if you donít have someone significant in your life? What can candles do for you?
A Love Candle could very well be the light that brings a lover to you. After all, anything we do–if we do it with clarity and focus–can be used to help us attain our desire. Itís all in the intention.
Here are the simple directions for making a Love Candle that will focus your intention for calling the right love to you:
1. Buy some pretty paper, preferably pink or peach, that will allow light to shine through it. Tissue and parchment both work well.
2. With a calligraphy pen with black ink, or a traditional pen with purple or red ink, write down on the paper all the qualities you seek in a lover. Be very specific. Choose your words carefully, because you may get what you wish for! Focus on the qualities your heart desires. Should the person be kind, funny, smart? Generous, affectionate, good with children or pets? Get clear about the character qualities that are important to you.
3. Select a clear glass holder for any kind of candle you like, although vanilla, rose, and ylang-ylang are timeless fragrances of love. Special colors for love are pink, red, orange, yellow, or white, but peach is the ultimate for the unmarried.
4. Tape the paper firmly around the candle holder.
5. Light the candle only when you are alone, repeat out loud the words youíve written, and allow the candle to burn completely.
6. Repeat as often as you like!
NOTE: If possible, place your Love Candle in the southwest area of your bedroom. This is the area of marriage, romance and love. Peonies are said to draw the ideal mate to an unmarried woman. Position a bouquet of peonies, or a photograph of one, next to your Love Candle. Scatter some heart-shaped candles around for an extra added touch.